Computer Vision Engineer
Our innovative vision pipelines form the backbone of the Pick-it product. We strongly believe that with the right balance between scientific rigour and a pragmatic mindset, we will continue to develop cutting-edge computer vision for the eyes of tomorrow’s robots.
You will have great fun on the inside of our product where things are complex and challenging while on the outside our product has to keep its ease-of-use for our customers.
The main tasks of our computer vision engineers consist of:
- Implementing and developing new algorithms for object recognition and localization
- Working with camera drivers and models to generate great images
- Building easy-to-use configuration layers around the core algorithms
- Critical evaluation and testing of existing and new software
You will be part of the development team and collaborate closely with the product and support team and you will be very well connected with all other experts in our company, but must also be capable to solve problems independently and display lots of creativity.
The most important criteria for joining our vision team are:
- A Master degree in (computer) engineering
- Knowledge of C++/Python and comfortable working in a Linux environment
- A ‘can-do’ mentality to solve any development challenge;
- The ability to come up to speed in new areas quickly;
- Comfortable with joining in on a passionate technical discussion and love working in teams
- Above all: Fun to be around.
We prefer candidates which have experience with PCL and/or openCV but will also train you to fill in the missing gaps. Experience with deep learning is definitely a plus but not a must.
What do we offer
- A full time employment contract, with 12 additional holidays on top of the 20 legal holidays.
- A competitive salary completed with a package of extra-legal benefits such as meal and eco vouchers, health insurance and group insurance.
- On-site cafeteria with sandwiches, cold buffet and hot meals.
- A nice place in our new office in Leuven. Leuven is known for its cultural heritage, universities and student life. Located 20 km from Brussels from which you can travel to a lot of major European cities within less than an hour.
- But most of all … A fun, young and dynamic environment where we make it our mission to get the best out of every employee.
Our FLOW-values guide us in doing so: Flexibility - Learning - Open communication - Working together
Interested to find out more?
Have a look at our company website www.pickit3d.com
- Motivational cover letter
- A statement of past experiences
And send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick-It is an ambitious scale-up company from Leuven that has made it its mission to give eyes to robots by developing a 3D camera and accompanying software. Applications range from pick and place tasks to unloading pallets and from small to large components. In 2016 the product was launched. Meanwhile, we have a performant global network of partners and distributors who bring our product to the market. Pick-it is a fast-growing, dynamic and multidisciplinary company looking for talent to join the team.