How your forge benefits from 3D vision automation
- Avoid high maintenance costs of feeders
- Use space better and reduce noise in the factory
- Flexibly adjust or change billet types without major interventions
- Reduce downtime with reliable and safe billet picking
- Introduce smaller production runs cost-effectively
Interested? What we can offer you:
- 3D vision automation solution, including specific billet picking software, innovative Gripper End of Arm Tool and lifecycle services.
- A solution that picks billets accurately from random bins, from the sides, the top, at steep angles or even those stuck in the corners.
- Easy to install, user-friendly, low-maintenance all-in-one solution that can be seamlessly integrated with your new or existing robot.
- A 3D vision platform that can also be leveraged for other automation scenarios including sheet metal picking, random bin picking of metal parts and many more.
To feed the furnace, Colin Milas installed a robot with Pickit vision depositing the billets from their bin onto the infeed conveyor. The robot delivers a billet every 15 seconds, which is well within the requirements of the 30 second oven cycle times.
Colin Milas forge
We have mechanical labour-intensive load off system we want to replace. What we are after is 500 pieces an hour. We took the leap to the Pickit 3D to eliminate the staging requirement, which adds a whole new element of flexibility.
3D Vision for sheet metal picking
Don't lose time on stamping, bending, or punching machines when changing products. It is time to make your processes more flexible, reliable, and safe with 3D vision robot automation from Pickit3D.Find out more…
Get in touch
Do you still rely on noisy and costly mechanical or manual billet feeding?
Then find out about the benefits a 3D vision solution from Pickt3D can bring to your machine tending process.
Or contact us by filling out the form.
This might interest you as well...
Bin picking cell 24/7 reliability test
Billet picker reliability test. Uninterrupted 24/7 operation.Read more
Constant Velocity Joint bin picking
Bin picking of CV joints with Pickit 3D.Read more
A robot with ‘eyes’ and ‘brains’ can solve many of today’s key factory challenges
Artificial Intelligence and smart robotization are unlocking new ways of working and manufacturing that benefit both company and labor forces around the globe.Read more