Pick-it NV, Leuven, Belgium actively seeks a full time US based Applications Engineer to support its growing operations in North America. The selected candidate will support Pick-it’s US and Canadian customer base in all phases throughout
their project’s lifecycle.
The candidate will work in close collaboration with the local Regional Sales Representative (RSR). While this position allows for a remote/virtual work environment, Pick-it’s NA operations are based out of Ann Arbor, MI and the ideal candidate is located in Michigan, Ohio, or Indiana.
Focused on applications in the manufacturing environment and with customers in over forty countries, Pick-it is a leading provider of 3D Vision solutions, built upon its standard 3D Vision Platform that allows for a wide range of automation scenarios such as semi-structured and random bin-picking, depalletization, sanding, grinding, deburring, polishing and assembly (including screwing and bolting).
The selected candidate will receive extensive training at Pick-it’s HQ in Leuven, Belgium and further on the job training in the US and Canada. You will become an integral part of the global services team and collaborate closely with the product and sales team. You will be very well connected with all other experts in our company but must also be capable of solving application problems independently and creatively.
The selected candidate will have demonstrable skills in the areas of robotic vision applications engineering. This position is responsible for providing pre-sales technical expertise to the Pickit sales team, distributors, integrators, and customers, and implementation and post-sales support for installed Pickit solutions in North America.
● Assist in the various stages of the sales process to demonstrate the capabilities of the Pickit 3D Vision Platform in view of the customer’s challenges and/or requirements
● Resolve customer sales engagement bottlenecks by proposing pragmatic robotic & automation solutions
● Deliver Proof-of-Concept projects to show the system’s performance in a simulated customer environment identical to or close to what will become the production environment
● Take responsibility of the delivery process as participant in the overall integration project led by our partners or the customers’ internal resources
● Provide expertise and best practices to our customers and/or integration partners during the implementation of the Pickit 3D Vision Platform and its automation scenarios
● Ensure proper operations and understanding of the delivered solution during the post go-live period of 30 days and securing a proper handover to support
● Support requests from the customers base, executing support request qualification and if possible, providing root-cause analyses
● Propose solutions and remedies where possible and escalate to the product and engineering teams when needed
● Provide on-site support interventions in case remote resolution of the problem is not possible
● Write knowledge base articles about frequently asked questions
● Report to the company on frequently asked questions and recurring issues
● Work with the product team to continuously improve the user experience of our customers
● Four-year degree in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
o A two-year college degree or technical school certification with an emphasis on robotics and automation will be considered
● 2 to 5 years of equivalent experience in the area of installation, application, maintenance, and troubleshooting of industrial robotics and/or automation systems
o Prior experience with 3D machine vision and/or vision for robot guidance is a strong plus
● Technical knowledge of at least one programming language for each category:
o Robot Programming: Fanuc KAREL, UR script, ABB Rapid, Kuka KRL, Yaskawa Inform, etc.
o Vision Systems: Fanuc IRVision, MVTec Halcon, LabVIEW, etc.
Other Candidate Considerations
● Regular domestic and some international travel upwards of 50% of time.
● Available from time-to-time to work alternative schedules including weekends, nights, and on-call hours when required.
● Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Strong level of independence and can-do mentality.
● Ability to resolve complex issues.
● Leverages input from others and shares best practices and subject matter expertise to create solutions.
● Recommends process enhancements and enhances and writes SOPs to improve outcomes.
● Able to communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner, whether written or oral.
● Excellent customer relationship skills such as the ability to listen, assert self, resolve conflicts, and work out customer concerns.
● Strong understanding and application of engineering concepts.
● Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
● Legally permitted to work in the United States.
● In possession of a valid driver's license and personal vehicle.
At Pick-it, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values and overall success. We provide a competitive salary, paid holidays and liberal vacation policy along with a comprehensive social and health benefits package. Pick-it is an equal opportunity employer. Pick-it evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
If you are passionate about robotics, machine vision and automation and if you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! Apply by sending your resume and a short introductory letter to email@example.com, and please mention “Pre-Sales & Field Service Engineer NA” in the subject of your email.