(Junior) robot application engineer
The product development team at Pickit strongly believes in the eat your own dog food approach. That means we implement and test robot applications in our lab using our products and latest developments. While doing this, we systematically track performance (and our progress) based on key metrics.
Your mission is to help us implement these applications by programming our test robots and by creating representative hardware setups. You will bring applications to the point where they run 24h/day for days uninterrupted.
- Implementing robot applications from scratch on different robot platforms (UR, ABB, Yaskawa, KUKA, ...)
- Resolving specific robot software problems and bugs when they arise.
- Installation of all the hardware components of a robot cell (sensors, pneumatics, IO, ...)
- Supporting the design and testing of robot gripper prototypes
- 3D design and production of hardware accessories for the robot cell
- Logging your changes and reporting the key metrics while working on an application
- Challenging the product development team by reporting product issues in an illustrative way
Your work is done in our labs in Leuven. A few times a year, you might be traveling to Pickit customers to help them set up an application on-site.
You will be part of the product development team and work closely together with all product developers. We encourage teamwork and at the same time, you must be capable of solving problems independently and display lots of creativity.
Who are you?
- Bachelor or Master degree in ICT, robotics or automation or level this by experience;
- Good written and verbal skills in English, any other language skills are valuable
- Knowledge of one programming/scripting language
- Knowledge of 3D CAD design
- Passionate about robotics and automation
- A ‘can-do’ mentality to solve a variety of hardware and software challenges
- You like to get the numbers right when quantifying the performance of an application.
- Comfortable with joining in on a passionate technical discussion and love working in teams
- Above all: Fun to be around
We prefer candidates who have experience with robots but will also train you to fill in the missing gaps.
What do we offer?
- A full-time employment contract, with 12 additional holidays on top of the 20 legal holidays.
- A competitive salary completed with a package of extra-legal benefits fitted to your needs.
- A nice place in our offices in Heverlee next to Leuven. Leuven is located 20 km from Brussels from which you can travel to a lot of major European cities within less than an hour.
- But most of all … A fun, young and dynamic environment where we make it our mission to get the best out of every employee.
- Our FLOW-values guide us in doing so: Flexibility, Learning, Open communication, and Working together.
Interested to find out more? Apply by sending your C.V. and short motivation letter to email@example.com. Please mention “Robot Application engineer” in the subject of your email.